online therapy for families
Finding a good therapist in your area can be tough by itself. Add in drive time, scheduling, illnesses, weather, and just life, and you're left with a lot less therapy than you wanted. Let online therapy be that bridge between the hassle of traveling to your therapist and not having one at all.
what are the advantages?
Flexible. By allowing you and our clinicians to work from home, schedules suddenly open up to a wider array of possibilities. Families have reported that they love fitting in therapy during an odd time that never would have worked out with traditional in-clinic sessions.
Research-based. The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association has backed telepractice as a viable and ethical way to conduct therapy for a long time. We pride ourselves on using the latest, most secure technology and hiring quality clinicians to match what you would receive in-person.
Fun! Logging into a computer to play games, interact with whiteboard and worksheets, or simply chat is sometimes more engaging than sitting face to face with someone. Technology has a magical way of bringing out the best in our clients.
what services do you provide?
We offer a comprehensive list of speech and language services including:
- Free initial screenings
- Full diagnostic evaluations with written reports
- Treatment for a variety of speech and language disorders
- Elective services for accent modification, public speaking, and gender transition voice training
- Private consultations as an advocate for your child during meetings with schools or other professionals
We treat both children and adults ages 3 and above.
NOTE: We are currently licensed to provide therapy in Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, Texas, California, and Florida with hopes to expand our range to more states. If you live outside of these areas, we can still connect you with a qualified therapist in your area.
do you take insurance?
Right now we are an out of network provider with all insurance companies. However, we do encourage families to call their insurance company and inquire about reimbursement for out-of-network providers. If interested, we will be able to provide you with documentation of services rendered for reimbursement purposes. Clients are responsible for making payments up front through credit card, check, or PayPal.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY DO WE NEED?
A few things are important to get started with a teletherapy setup. We have a basic computer recommendation set-up that will make the transition to teletherapy seamless.
- A PC or Mac (either stand alone or laptop)
- If running PC, updated to Windows 7 or Windows 10
- If running Mac, updated to Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.11 (El Capitan)
- A stable Internet connection, preferably through a wired Ethernet port
- This must be at least 4 Mbps, which can be tested on www.speedtest.net
- Web browser of your choice
- Google Chrome version 39 or later
- Mozilla Firefox version 34 or later
- Internet Explorer version 8 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari version 6 or later
- An account with our platform which will allow you access to therapy sessions, homework activities, and treatment notes
- One monitor or built-in laptop screen
- Stand alone webcam or built-in laptop camera
- In some cases, it may be necessary to have an additional camera for close up, high resolution images
- Stand alone desktop microphone, built-in laptop microphone, or (preferred) USB headset with microphone
- Standard keyboard and mouse
*Note: We do not recommend using Chromebooks, tablets, iPads, or phones to log-in to our sessions as they severely limit the capability of the platforms we use. A standard computer with keyboard and mouse is required to really access therapy. We have recommendations for all levels of hardware as you are looking to buy for your home, so please don't hesitate to ask us for recommendations!
WHAT IS IN THE ROOM?
A quiet, reserved room is essential for a good teletherapy session on both ends. We require that our clinicians work in a quiet environment away from distractions and noise, and ask that our clients ensure the the same learning space. We ask that an adult is available to help all children log in to ensure timely delivery of service. We also ask that children seen in the home setting have an adult present in the house at all times for technological troubleshooting. Like most therapy, a stable chair and table are a must for good attention to the tasks.
HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS?
Not a problem. We're happy to guide you through the process of choosing teletherapy for your family. Contact us today to learn more about services offered, pricing, and technological recommendations.